An interactive workshop that covers topics ranging from the basics of installation and configuration thru the application of advanced features for improving PID controller performance. An overview of process dynamics and basics of PID are included to assure effective application of LOOP-PRO. Participants gain hands-on experience with the software through a variety of workshop exercises.
This course is intended for anyone who has obtained or has interest in obtaining a license to LOOP-PRO. These individuals, covering mainly administrators, engineers and technicians, are responsible for overseeing tuning and maintenance of their plant’s PID control loops.
All versions of CS LOOP-PRO software are covered during the course, but Dr. Bob Rice focuses on the application, techniques, and advanced features within LOOP-PRO Tuner. Students are guaranteed to gain hands-on experience with their software through a variety of workshop exercises with procedures guided by instructor-led lectures and software demonstrations.
- Introduction to Process Dynamics and Control
- Introduction to the PID Controller
- Software Overview
- Basics of LOOP-PRO TUNER
- Non-Steady-State (NSS) Modeling Innovation
- Software Configuration of Standard and Non-Standard Controllers
- Software Administration & Updates
- Advanced Process Control using LOOP-PRO TUNER
- Control Loop Performance Analysis
- Customer Specific Data Tuning Session